1. sayetsu

sayetsu Member

Too copy-paste?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by sayetsu, Jan 17, 2024.

I may be just now coming out of a three-year toxic relationship, and I want to write about my takeaways as a hemiparetic man with emotional dysregulation who dated a condescending, even narcissistic, woman whose chronic fatigue syndrome had isolated her for almost her entire life. Thing is, I already have a hemiparetic protag with emotional dysregulation in a relationship with an arrogant person in another book; it's just not the focus. Would writing this story be unwise because of its similarity to the other? I need to write about this. I have a fire in my belly.

2. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Write about it then. Not all writing has to be for publication. Sometimes we just need to download our thoughts and emotions.

if you tried to publish a series of books all with different versions of Hugh Laurie as Gregory House in the lead role, your public might sigh and chuck the latest one out of the window, but you don't have to labour the point.

Asks yourself also whether the hemiparesis is really an integral part of the character's character, or a bolt-on for effect because it's what you know.

3. Thom

Thom Active Member

Answer the fire!