The Celtic Gods

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by gibble410, Aug 24, 2016.

1. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Caer nodded in thanks and placed the crucifix in one of the saddle bags. From the third horse, she removed all the food and also placed them in the bags of her's and Ben's.
    "Begone with you," she said hitting the horses rump. It shot off in shock, hopefully back to Rhiannon. Otherwise, there would be more angry gods on her back.
    Ben looked as if he was going to enter one of his waking dreams again, which were both beautiful and refreshing for Caer, but not helpful now.
    "Brother, teach me how to ride," she said, and he mounted the horse with a smile and offered her his hand, which she accepted gladly. However, there was a little sadness. She had done as he wished, removed the nightmares, but living in a dream was not what he needed either.
    "Can you ride and read the map, Ben?"
    "Of course I can, sister!"
    Caer smiled weakly and curled her arms around his waist, just as the snake tightened his coils around Ben's neck. Ben flinched slightly but didn't complain.
    "Let's find this wizard then."

2. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

"And what will the rest of us be doing?" Corrin asked, showing a clear look of detest for the needless bloodshed.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  3. malachibenbaker

malachibenbaker Banned

With a sour look on her face, Tourmaline approached Aidan as they set off. "Your need to kill innocents gave me the need to bestow upon you a gift." And then she conjured up a palm of her orange energy, and handed it to him. "You can give it one command, and it will obey." Smiling cruely, she went back to her bacon.

4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Aidan sneered "Thank you, but you are mistaken if you think those priests are innocent , left unchecked their vile religion will destroy our land and set brother against brother, the only reason i did not kill them all was out of respect to the wishes of the goddess here" , he gestured toward gwydion

" Now i must ride"

5. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

Gwydion smiled as the trio set off. She had a relectunt feeling of letting Tourmaline give her gift, as she knew what it probably would do. Something bad. I mean, she just tried to posion him! Shaking her head, she cleared the fire and made sure they where ready to go. The priests had fled in terror, after some of thier numbers were slaughtred. Gwydion didnt approve of Aidans actions, as words would have delt with them just as well.

"We are going to Ransfolk, the location of the Magic Stone. We have some allies waiting for us there. After Aidan, Ben and Caer meet back up with us, we will journey to Courgahs Patrick, and attempt the retrive the death stone. Then we confront the bad guys." Gwydion said with a slight smile, in answer to Corrins question.

Caber on the other hand, after a good nights sleep recovered. He was flirting with Tourmaline, trying to get her to kiss him. 'Im a god ya know!" He boasted, "One of the big ones. You know, without me you couldnt survive my dear!" He said.

:Map Locations;
    Gwydions Party is in clearing, roughly a days journey to Ransfolk.
    Caer, Ben and Aidan are about three miles away, riding fast.
    (Will be doing this Map Locations thing if any of our party is split up)

cydney likes this.
  6. halisme

Corrin frowned. Aidan was a hypocrite at best and an idiot at worst. The same seemed true for the newcomer, though at the moment she seemed more like a child. It then came to Corrin's attention that he was the grumpy old man of the group, despite only being in his twenties.

This chain of thought was interrupted as Griff barked, nuzzling Corrin slightly and barking again. "I know boy, I know, time to get up." He murmured, before sitting up and scratching the back of his neck. His clothing was damp, but that's nothing he hadn't dealt with before. On top of that, it wasn't even particularly cold around. He pulled himself to his feet, grabbing his spear and shield and standing in a loose stance. "Everyone almost ready?"

I.A. By the Barn and gibble410 like this.
  7. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Aidan looked across at Caer as they rode "I'll tell you, i'm so glad to be away from those pious hypocrites for a while " he said , "oh we must save the world and fight the forces of evil , but don't hurt anyone while your doing it , the hell with that , if you summon rain , you've got to expect to get wet"

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  8. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Faer nodded, turning to a horse. These hypocritical humans amused him, so concerned about being noble heroes on a noble cause, and yet killing needlessly. And yet the gods were no better. Whether it was Caer, the beutiful goddess of dreams and terrible nightmares, or Gwydion, who claimed to be saving the world, by fighting her own brothers and sisters.
    Then again, he realised, he was no better. A puca fighting with a group of humans against his brethen, a creature who claims to be the most respectful to the gods, but questioned their every move. I guess we are all hypocrites, he thought to himself with a smile.

I.A. By the Barn and gibble410 like this.
  9. gibble410

"Lets get going." Gwydion said hurridley, raising her arms. At once the shield dissapaited, and and Caber sprinted thorugh, down the path to Ransfolk. Nervously glancing behind her, she mounted a horse. "We should reach there by nightfall, as long as-" Her words were cut off as a massive billowing roar echohed through the mountains. The horses, along with the crew, charged after Caber, leaving the mysterious sound behind. She knew what it was, and she didnt like it.

But as the horses trotted through a shady grove of trees, Gwydion sterred her horse towards Corrin."Corrin, would you mind giving everyone some food provisions? In case we get split up?" She asked.

10. halisme

"I don't have any on me at the moment." He replied. "Left the boar with the rest of its meat on the ship, remember? Next time we make camp I'll do some hunting, see what I can find." He added, not sure what else to say.

11. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Faer, who galloped near Corrin, said, "I could assist you in the hunt. My senses in my animal forms may be useful to you."

12. halisme

"I have Griff for that." Corrin answered. "Though you can come along if you like."

13. big soft moose

Aidans horse shied at the roaring echoing through the hills ," i'm not sure what that was" he said , "but it sounds hungry , I hope its not attacking the others". he winked at Caer " just to check if it does come upon us first I take you are okay with me just killing it ? "

14. I.A. By the Barn

"Of course, I'm not Gwydion after all. Am I, Ben?" squeezing him tight.
    "No, Caer." he breathed. The snake coiled tighter around his neck.
    "See?" she smiled. That serpent better not kill him before I've had all I can with him, I'd like to see how far his dreams go.

15. big soft moose

Aidan looked doubtfully at the snake - "if that thing came near me i'd chop it up for owl food" , he thought , but that was between Ben and Caer and he decided not to interfere... reminded of familiars by the snake he briefly touched minds with first Fiacre and then Oldowan who were scouting ahead one low and one high, but they had no news of the roaring either. Oldowan adding that he didnt like snake meat anyway

Aidan touched his sword hilt and wished briefly for a lance , especially if there might be dragons in prospect

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  16. gibble410

As the day turned to afternoon, and shadows danced through the woods, Gwydion pulled the group into a small clearing. "Tourmaline, please see if you can find any suitable sleeping arangements, as well as weapons. The rest of you, please try hunting. Caber, get us water and a fire. I am going to explore." Gwydion said after they all dismounted. Nodding to Faer, she crept through the woods and came upon a old stone ladden path. Smiling slightly to herself, she ran down the path until she reached a stone hut, the sounds of squeaks, caws and roars met her ears as she quickly read the sign. Madame Puddifoots Tea Shop of Familliers.

Gwydion had heard tales of Madame Puddifoots, that the shop randomly appeared throughout Ireland and Wales. It was a shop of fammiliers, creatures with magical powers. It would stay in this location for at least a week, so while she laid a trail, she raced back to the others to tell of her discovery.

17. malachibenbaker

malachibenbaker Banned

Ordered around like a simple minded child! Tourmaline stomped around the forest angrily, scaring birds and rabbits. Why was she in charge of the sleeping arangements? Levitating sticks, bits of wool, and other soft items, she returned to the small clearing and began making mats, with stick overhangs. With a floruish of orange light, firm palm frond fronds tied around the little overhangs, securing them in place.

Whipping around at the sound of a wounded pygmy puff, she quickly thought Dinner! as she threw her club at the sound, just before she realized it was Gwydion.

18. halisme

Corrin rolled his neck. He'd never heard of this shop, nor did he trust it. He was beginning to wonder if he was a little paranoid. Then again, they were fighting gods. He had no idea if they could change their shapes or not. Griff didn't give any signs that anything was wrong, though he did have a rabbit in his mouth and two others at his feet. Corrin grabbed the now dead rodents by their ears, their small bodies hanging limply as he spoke. "Lead the way then."

gibble410 likes this.
  19. gibble410

Gwydion burst through the woods, an elated feeling rising up in her chest. That was, before she noticed a club hurtling towards her. In a desperate attempt to dodge, she threw herself back to the path and tried to bunker down. But a blur of light intercepted the club, as Caber caught it. Nodding her thanks, Gwydion stood up and addressed the group.

"Nice shelters Tourmaline, good hunting Corrin, and thanks for the water Caber." Gwydion said acknowledging each of them with a nod. "I found a small magical shop, where we can get familiars, magical creatures! Since Faer is not back, we will have to leave without him." And leading the others down the path, she brought them to Madame Puddifoots, where Puddifoot was waiting herself.

"'Ello dears!" She said in a crackling tone. "Come inside, have some tea, and then we can get some pets, shan't we?" She said leading them to a small table with a tea pot and 4 tea cups. "Whose up for some new additions?" Gwydion asked.

20. halisme

"I won't be needing a new pet. Griff is good enough for me." Corrin answered, passing his dog on the flank. The hound sat down, staring up at everyone with a grin and glancing around. Tail wagging, The smell of the shop and other animals excited him, and he desperately wanted to see what everything was.

gibble410 likes this.
  21. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

While the rest were setting up camp, Faer walked around in his wolf form, smelling for prey. He finally caught the mouthwatering scent of wild boar. Excited, he followed its trail.

The creature was big, a three hundred pound specimen. Faer creeped up to it, within striking distance, and changed to human form. He took two deep breaths, readied his spear, and threw. The spear sailed through the air, right into the animal's eye. The creature grunted in fear and surprise. Faer didn't lose a second, this was the critical part. Back as a wolf he lunged at the boar, grabbing the creature's throat, not letting go despite all the boar's efforts to shake him off. The taste of blood filled his mouth with joy. Finally the boar stipped struggling. Faer grinned to himself, and began to drag the creature back to the campsite.

Once he reached the site, he saw thatit was already built. The witch had done a good job. The area was empty. Alone again, Faer shrigged to himself, and began readying the boar to eat.

22. malachibenbaker

malachibenbaker Banned

As Gwydn led them through the forest, Tourmaline left a glowing line of orange energy, just in case. But what hurt Tourmaline the most was the Tea Shops. Although she wanted to explore badly, and maybe get a pet, it revolted her. Pudifoot was on her "needs to be violently dismembered for their tea shop" list. She had racked up 38 names so far...

23. gibble410

Finishing her tea, Gwydion and the others were ushered into another room, where three shady looking figures were sitting with Omni-Staffs, very dangerous weapons. They could link animal and human bonds. Madame Puddifoot sent one of them to fetch Faer, and then she turned to Tourmaline.

"Hello pretty, please pick out a pet, free of charge. Chameleons that can turn humans invisible, dogs that can help you grow to the size of a giant, ravens with healing feathers. The choice is yours."

(List any animal with a power if ya want one, you to Domino of ya want.)

24. I.A. By the Barn

Ben's map was fascinating, growing as they rode closer. The snake's jaws were also getting closer to his veins, a thought that both worried and thrilled her.
    "Ben," whispered Caer. "I think we should slow down a bit." She slid her arms tighter around his waist.
    "We're nearly there," she announced to Aidan. Wizards are never obliging, though.

25. malachibenbaker

malachibenbaker Banned

"I'll take a raven please," She said to Madame Puddifoot, glancing nervously at the wizards close by. "I'm naming it AssWipe the III. AWT, for short."