Tags:
  1. FrigidWriter

FrigidWriter Member

Currently Reading::
    The Birds of Opulence by Crystal Wilkinson

Howdy everybody!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FrigidWriter, Jan 15, 2024.

My name is FrigidWriter. I chose this name because its 10 degrees outside and snowing. I have always wanted to write more. Unfortunately, I have not taken the time to write very much. I have been writing more and more lately. I get discouraged because I guess I want to sit down, write a masterpiece and be done. I know that's not going to happen. I am hoping to find a community here that will be helpful and maybe I can be helpful as well!
    I am not a very strong writer. I think I have some great ideas but my delivery of the ideas are much less than perfect. Right now, with it being cold I can imagine myself writing in a study with little fireplace burning all cozy like. I am not. But I like to imagine it that way. Anyways I wanted to introduce myself. Thanks for having me!

FrigidWriter

petra4, Xoic and Louanne Learning like this.
  2. Louanne Learning

Louanne Learning Happy Wonderer Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Hello and welcome, you have come to the right place for support and encouragement in your writing journey. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums!

FrigidWriter likes this.
  3. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Welcome—come on in and stomp the snow off your boots. Hang up your coat and drink of this mug of hot chocolate, and we shall sit beside the fire and speak on matters of Stoicism. I studied it about a decade ago and incorporated it into my life. It's a life-changer for sure.

FrigidWriter likes this.
  4. petra4

petra4 Active Member

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
    Welcome. I certainly had the same visions as yourself many years ago. Now, being an avid reading (5 years), writing in my own journal (2 years), that it's put a different perspective on things.
    Bloody hard work

FrigidWriter likes this.
  5. Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade Active Member

G'day from Ozzie-land, FrigidWriter. In contrast to Kentucky, we Aussies are sweltering. Today we had 32 degrees ... Centigrade, that is (that's about 90 F) with 80% humidity. It's too bloody hot.

What genre are you thinking of writing? Or if you haven't picked a genre, which one are you thinking of? :)

Ain't it the truth. I've spent more time reading and researching than I ever did writing. And finding the right words -- and more than that, a word that I hadn't used two sentences ago -- is sometimes damn difficult. Thank goodness for online thesauri.

petra4 and FrigidWriter like this.
  6. FrigidWriter

FrigidWriter Member

The Birds of Opulence by Crystal Wilkinson
    Hello! :) I have a lot of interests. So, I joined this forum because I am interested in writing fiction. I would like to write young adult or maybe fantasy because that's what I have always gotten the most enjoyment out of reading. I'd like to write a series using the same characters. I would also like to write a non-fiction quote book with quotes from the public domain just so I could self-publish something. There's really a whole lot of stuff I'd like to write. I'd like to write some biographies and non-fiction works that have to do with government. I am just having trouble getting started and keeping at it.

7. Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade Active Member

Fiction is a huge category. Easily half of all books are fiction. ;)

Young Adult Fantasy ... hmm, OK. I would very much advise you to watch Jenna Moreci's videos on YouTube - she has some good advice about what to do (and what NOT to do) when writing fantasy (or romance, etc.). She also has some good advice for publication. :)

FrigidWriter likes this.
  8. Luanne Williams

Luanne Williams Member

What groups will you write in?