1. Keongxi

Keongxi Member

How would an extremely good fighter catch AIDS in an attack?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Keongxi, Mar 6, 2024.

Let's say three or two men(with one of them having AIDS unknowingly) try to rob him, and he being a good fighter and a merciful one at that, he would surely try to subdue or knock his attackers onto the ground with as little bloodletting as possible. But what situation would there be that would force him to do something that eventually results in him having him needing to use that one fatal move that spills blood? I thought of something like him having to be forced to stab one of his attackers after disarming him and getting hold of the knife because the attacker won't give up after him getting knocked down(still conscious). Which then leads to his blood splattering out into the good fighter's eyeball in the red veiny part.

Or having to use a claw technique if the good fighter suddenly meets his match when one of his attackers performs an extremely well submission technique on him which results in his already cut finger(a papercut) getting into the flesh of the attacker. But there are two problems with that. First,claw techniques are not believed by a lot of sceptical martial artist commentators to be able to penetrate deeply into the flesh and secondly, just directly having a paper cut earlier on the claw hand is way too much of a coincidence to be believed.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
  2. Louanne Learning

Louanne Learning Happy Wonderer Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

It would take quite a mental contortion to go from not wanting to hurt him to stabbing him. How about instead if he punches him in the mouth, splitting his lip, which bleeds, and then that person bites him, breaking skin

The Bishop and Not the Territory like this.
  3. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Maybe one attacker has a knife? But fights can get really bloody without any sharp object being involved. All the time you see MMA fights or boxing matches where there's blood all over both opponents. All it takes is a hard enough blow to certain areas like the forhead or eyebrow ridge. Or maybe two of them are wrestling and fall up against something sharp or across some gravel. Or somebody gets hit in the mouth and bites his tongue or inner cheek. An elbow scrapes too hard against a rough wall.

Not the Territory likes this.
  4. Not the Territory

Not the Territory Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

I'm being super pedantic here, but AIDS is a syndrome eventually caused by HIV. You don't catch AIDS, you catch HIV.

The others have a good point that general brawling can get quite bloody.

Louanne Learning and Xoic like this.
  5. Keongxi

Keongxi Member

That's correct. I knew something was wrong with my sentence but couldn't quite place it.

6. Rzero

Rzero Reluctant voice of his generation Contributor

He could simply bloody up his knuckles repeatedly punching faces, at which point, blood mixes with blood on impact.

or

Even a good fighter gets hit. He could be winning the fight and still have a busted lip. One of the assailants spits blood in his face, and there you go.

7. Keongxi

Keongxi Member

Yes. Thought of the "spitting" idea before. Any reasons as to why an attacker might want to spit blood in his face?Thanks.

Rzero likes this.
  8. Xoic

To be insulting. Because they're angry. Maybe because they can see they're not going to win, but they want to win the long game, so to speak—give him the disease even though he wins the fight (that's if they know they have the disease of course). Otherwise most likely one of the first two reasons.

Rzero likes this.
  9. Rzero

Rzero Reluctant voice of his generation Contributor

As a "screw you." I've seen it in movies. I've seen it in real life. In the sixth grade, I think it was, a bully who wasn't any bigger than me decided to jump me in the hallway. Long story short, he spit blood on my shoe when we were pulled apart. He continued to psychologically torture me the rest of the year, but he never tried to fight me again.

10. w. bogart

w. bogart Contributor Contributor Blogerator

If the spit was aimed at the eyes, it would be an attempt to blind his opponent, and be an excellent place for the required fluid transfer for HIV.

11. Xoic

I guess it's also partly because they have blood in their mouth—they want to spit it out, so why not make a statement of it at the same time? If they spit it on the ground it looks like an admission that they lost the previous flurry (showing the damage they recieved), but if they spit it onto the opponent it changes it into a gesture of defiance and contempt. It's largely that they practically need to spit it out, and are afraid it makes them look weak and like they're losing, unless they make it into a defiant statement of contempt. And that might well mean both fighters now know who's going to win (often you can feel that in the first second or two), but the losing one refuses to let it be seen. They might be using defiance and contempt to cover their own knowledge that they're losing—even lying to themselves about it. There's somewhat complex psychology going on throughout a fight, largely about putting on a tough show.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    Rzero likes this.
  12. Orb of Soda

Orb of Soda Member

The simplest thing is just having him punch someone in the mouth, and a tooth breaks the skin. That way you can make it seem like a character has won a fight at first, and the HIV can be a shock for later.