1. T.R. Infanger

T.R. Infanger New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by T.R. Infanger, Apr 12, 2024.

I do wish I could have thought of a better introduction title for myself with this post. I have been writing for a few years already, finishing rough drafts to a few books, and managing to self publish one after some time on Amazon/Barnes and Noble under the name I'm using for this forums. Though the series is for a younger demographic, a few books left till the final book can be written, and, hopefully, will be the start of a far better career than what I'm making out for myself so far. (I kinda know this first series I'm working on isn't the best that it can be, mostly as it's the final project I've chosen to do for a college class, gotta start somewhere, right?)
    Really, I can't think of too much on what to write about myself here. I personally enjoy the speculative fiction field of Fantasy and Science Fiction, though reading Sherlock Holmes a couple years ago has gotten my into reading more classics along with it.
    There are a few other story ideas I have been poking around with, from another fantasy world, to an action/adventure series that's on hold for current writing projects. I do hope that my work could have some light shed on it once my skills are more refined and are worth the read.

2. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

I think you're off to a good start. Conan Doyle was a master of the short story. As for "speculative fiction," look up Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, and Robert Scheckley, particularly their earlier works.

3. Louanne Learning

Louanne Learning Happy Wonderer Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Hello and welcome T.R., looking forward to seeing you in the forums!