1. KBWrites

KBWrites New Member

A Little Late to the Party

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KBWrites, Mar 23, 2024.

As the tittle says.... I'm a little late to the party. Probably in more ways than one.

At 49 I self published my first novella. That endeavor took me around three years. The first versions were horrendous. Thank goodness for beta readers. I've come a long way since then, and I probably have a long way to go still.

A month after 50, I suffered a hemorrhagic stroke that destroyed all the dreams I had been working towards. Around 5 months after the event, it became apparent that I had to pivot and chase new dreams. I wrote the 2nd book with speech to text software. My left hand generally useless, and typing 45 words a minute were a thing of the past. When it came time to write book 3 in the series, my right handed hunting and pecking had improved to the point it was no longer brutally slow (just not as accurate).

Book 3 has been published, and book 4 is showing great promise and will get published sometime this year.

At almost 51, I am pivoting yet again. the above series falls deep into the erotica genera, and is written under a Pen name. I am also fleshing out a romance book that will be written under my own name, and thus why I'm here.

Thanks to the stroke I am limited on what I can do. I'm here to learn all I can to help my writing support me.

Kur, petra4, PiP and 2 others like this.
  2. Mogador

Mogador Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! Although you say you're here to learn it sounds like you probably have a lot to contribute to other members' learning too.

petra4, B.E. Nugent and KBWrites like this.
  3. KBWrites

KBWrites New Member

Thanks. I'm sure I still have a lot to learn, however, if I can help others I will. I'll have to spend some time to get the lay of the land and figure out where I can contribute.

petra4 and B.E. Nugent like this.
  4. Louanne Learning

Louanne Learning Happy Wonderer Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Hello and welcome KB, good to see you on both sites!

5. KBWrites

KBWrites New Member

thanks

Louanne Learning likes this.
  6. petra4

petra4 Active Member

Currently Reading::
    A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
    Hi Welcome :)

7. KBWrites

KBWrites New Member

Thanks