1. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

The Dream Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SonnehLee, Dec 24, 2008.

For all the weird things that happen in our sleep! Had an awesome dream you want to share? Any neat dreams that turned into stories?

Anything dream-related! :D

2. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

All my dreams turn into stories.
    And I go through Lucid dreaming most of the time when I sleep.
    So that is the only thing weird dream related I have.

Oh I had a dream about a talking giraffe last night.
    That was weird.

3. SonnehLee

I wish I had talking giraffe dreams. Or lucid ones.

I dreamed that I was watching a war movie last night. Except, it was between my best friend's immune system and the germs at hthe daycare she works at.

4. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

That's kind of a strange dream.

The giraffe kept on talking to me about how much he love cotton candy, and how he thought he was addicted to it.
    Strange.

5. SonnehLee

That is odd. Maybe it's your subconcious telling you you're addicted to something.

6. rory

rory Active Member

I used to have horrible nightmares when I was little. It was really awful and affected my real life. So my sister made me a dream catcher out of string and a sour creme lid and I decided I would never dream again. And to this day I have not had a dream or nightmare I can remember. Sometimes I'll recall random thoughts, but that's about it. Kind of a blessing and a curse I guess. The imagination truly runs wild when you sleep, and could provide some great inspiration.

7. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Most of my dreams are lucid. It can be fun, but gets boring sometimes.

8. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    I dreamed I was being chased by a giant cartoon mosquito once, and this little blonde boy was watching.

That's creepy.

9. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Did it catch you?

10. garmar69

garmar69 Contributor Contributor

I dream I'm flying a lot. I also dream I'm walking along and I trip--I usually jerk awake with my heart pounding.

As far as weird dreams--I dreamt once that I stuck a gun in my mouth and shot myself. There was a flash of blinding light, then my vision narrowed down to a point of light and then darkness.

Let me tell you, that kept me up nights. It was the basis of my story on here, 'Suicidal Tendencies.'

I was watching a show called DR. G. Medical Examiner about a guy that committed suicide and it went wrong, they figure he had to reload. Ouch. About five years after the dream, the two pieces of information meshed together and fairly screamed at me to write it.

So pay attention to your dreams, you may have a sick, twisted story with very little literary merit in the making. :D

11. Ashleigh

I think it did lol i was scared of its giant horrible googly eyes haha.

another annoying dream i usually have is that i'm falling either from a height or down a flight of stairs lol.
    Thats why i kick my legs so much when i sleep :p

12. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

I do that allll the time, usually only when I'm extra-tired though.

Sometimes I have pain in my dream which takes me to real life waking up in pain... usually leg pain or headache. i don't know if the dream caused the pain or the pain caused the dream... probably that second one though.

I have tons of weird dreams, too many to recount here.

I also heard that you can't read in a dream - not true - i can read in my dream... but i can't write, it's all jibberish there. (like here..hmmm) haha~

13. SonnehLee

When I lived in Germany, I had this recurring dream where fire ants would start to crawl all over me, and I couldn't move. The problem was, I could move. So I would fall off the bed, hit my head on the hardwood floor, and then scream. My mom would cme in, put me back in bed, and I'd do it again. I was 3 at the time.

Now it freaks me out to sleep in beds higher than 2 feet off the floor.

14. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I can feel pain in my dreams. I think its the dream that causes the pain for me.
    Everything in my dreams is to real its like living another day. I fell asleep on Tuesday I'm dreaming Wednesday. I smell, taste, feel every emotion, feel every pain, everything is super real, I can touch everything a feather and know its soft.
    Usually I am not myself in my dreams I am somebody else. And by the way most of the people in my dreams are people I end up meeting in real life or they have the voices of people I know already in real life, but they look completely different from what my "friend" looks like. Either way I end up meeting them.
    [I know I am prophet-JK]
    I can read and write because its a new day for me, so I'm never not living life.
    [And now you know I am weird and not my dreams]

15. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I had posted all my crazy dreams in an older thread about recurring dreams.

Here they are:

16. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Wryebies I think you need to get your dreams checked.:)

17. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

anyone else dream in cartoon? there was a span of about three months where all of my dreams were in cartoon form... :p

18. Ashleigh

Does a giant cartoon mosquito count? :p *points to my above posts*

19. SonnehLee

Gahhh, you guys make me jealous. My dreams aren't anywhere near that cool.

Except the dream where I got to go through all these portals in the shoe/candy/prom dress store. THAT dream was awesome.

20. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I had a dream,just last night, about soldiers with mind powers like telepathy, and keniesis.
    And it was so real and so cool. I got to shoot a gun in there. I have only shot a gun once in real life, my dad's brother took me to a gun range.
    So it felt like shooting a real gun.
    And then when bullets wizzed passed me like the movies I feel the nicks and everything.
    It was awesome.
    Don't know what my subconscious was trying to tell me, but all I know subconscious you are awesome sometimes.

21. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Ok, here are a couple of dreams that I've had in the past:

This is a dream that I had back in early middle school: I was older than I really was at that time, in the dream I was like nineteen or twenty and in college. I went to the hospital to get some surgery done, but the doctor screwed up and accidently gave me a sex change. So, I end up becoming a girl, a rather good looking one at that, and somehow I ended up on the cheer squad at our stadium. Don't ask me how, it just happened. All I remember of that scene was that I was on top off that standing pyramid that cheerleaders do. Though I guess I didn't like being a girl, or at least didn't like being a cheerleader, cause I ended up crying in a bathroom of the stadium afterwards.

This dream is from like a month and a half ago (warning, I won't be explicit in describing it but it does involve mature situations so to speak): Me and my friend are flying around on his flying saucer. He decides that we should go to a bar, and I agree. We beam down into the bar parking lot and creating some green glowing radiation from the transporter. But we decided that wasn't a big deal. We go into the bar and I realise that I left my money back in the saucer so I walk out and happen to notice this pretty attractive goth chick sitting in a car. Next thing I know, I'm in the car with her. I look over at her, but can't see her eyes due to her bangs, however I do notice a pair of vampire fangs sticking out of her mouth. So, um, we begin making out in the middle part of the car and at some point her shirt desipears and my hands... go places (use your imagination).

Well about a minute into this, I hear my friend calling for me wanting me to drink with him. I sit up and look out the front window and call back, "Dude," I motion to the girl, "Hot girl." He just walks away. Me and her are making out again and all of our clothes just disappear. So at this point I just think, "Why the hell not," and um... we start having sex. But just as we started, a cop knocked at the window and told us to break it up.

So me and the vampire girl drive off in her car, eventually finding a nice secluded spot. She opens the glove department, which for some reason was in the middle of the dashboard, and out fall a pair of handcuffs. Then I wake up. Looking back at it, the strange and slightly creepy part of it is that I never once saw her eyes.

I'm not sure I want to know what these dreams are supposed to represent about my subconcious. Also, I have that walking along and suddenly trip dream a lot as well. I hate those dreams.

22. inkslinger

inkslinger Active Member

I had a dream the other night about being at the dentist. I was having my teeth flossed. It was probably the strangest dream I've had in the past few months. I don't remember much about it, but I know it was creepy and disturbing, and by the time I woke up I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

23. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

Ok, so, who has dreamed in a foreign language?
    I don't speak Japanese all that well, but when I'm dreaming in it, I'm FLUENT! boo-ya! don't know how that works...

... i can't believe i said 'boo-ya'... hmm...

24. Honeybun

Honeybun Active Member

Last night, I dreamt that my mom and aunt called my Grandma back from the dead for a while. My two sisters and I hugged her in turn, I was the last- as I was the youngest among them.

I told her( my Grandma) to come and greet my other cousins, but she refrained, implying that she only wanted to see my sisters and I only... and she gave a prayer for the three of us.

I woke up very touched by this dream. And when I told my eldest sister about it, she started crying.

Miss you Grandma...

25. Corpsetastic

Corpsetastic Active Member

I am currently very bored so shall add some strangeness to the thread. I had a dream last night. I usually get a heck of a LOT of weird dreams o_O In this one i was going through this dark, seemingly deserted tower block with three other guys, we were all dressed in black combat outfits and everything and armed with guns. We get to the roof and it's all night time with stormy skies, lightning, rain pouring down - the works. Then, we're being chased by another squad and we have a bit of a firefight and then dart across some rooftops, me trying not to slip to my death. A chopper comes and i leap off this roof and hang onto the underside of the chopper, it zooms away. After a while the sky passes into sunlight and i know it's safe to let go, i fall into... a washing basket. What the hell? I climb off and stand up next to a washing machine, pick up a rainbow coloured sock and loads of tiny figures fall out (my fellow crew i presume) then the sock floats away. Yeah... that was a waste of time to read, right? Very weird and random indeed.